Welcome Message

Hey, what do you know? I can be taught! I'm officially a blogger. What the heck is a blog anyway? The simplest way to describe it is as my personal journal that’s not so personal because I share it with everyone in the world. This blog is titled “The Bull Stops Here” and focuses on insurance issue that will save you time, money and frustration.

You’ll find regularly posted topics dealing with:
- ways to help you save money on your insurance
- techniques to save you time on managing your insurance
- answers to your questions on coverage issues
- educational resources and workshops that will solve your insurance challenges

My mission is to help you gain more confidence and trust in your business or personal insurance while spending the least amount of money.

Monday, January 21, 2008

How valuable is your time?


I once asked a client what he thought his time was worth. He answered without hesitation – “$300 per hour”. Okay. I can buy that. If your time was worth $300 per hour, how much money do you waste a day?

This was never more evident for me than this past week when I had a SNAFU with my e-mail. Seems I was “hijacked” and had a bunch of SPAM spewing from my e-mail out something I learned that is called “port 25”. Well, Comcast didn’t like that, so they shut down port 25. From Wednesday morning on, I could receive e-mail but not send from my Outlook. Big problem.

It would have been nice if Comcast would have advised me. I guess that would have been too easy. After all, how many hours could I have saved had I knew WHY I couldn’t send e-mails?

Fortunately, I had a member of my Toro Team help me get through this hurdle. Without his help, I would have wasted much more time.

As a business owner, your time is extremely valuable. Do you have time to waste on insurance issues? Uncovered claims, hidden costs of loss, and chasing down your agent are not good use of your time. You can protect that time by doing your homework upfront. Allocate time to properly analyze your policy interview agents, and get competitive quotes on a regular basis. You will save time, money, and frustration by doing your homework…before the disaster!

What’s your time worth?

Dan

P.S. One valuable way to spend your time is at my The Bull Stops Here workshop in Poulsbo, WA on March 5. You have the chance to walk away with strategies that will save you time and money in the event of a disaster OR help you avoid it in the first place. To learn more, click here…


No comments: