Welcome Message

Hey, what do you know? I can be taught! I'm officially a blogger. What the heck is a blog anyway? The simplest way to describe it is as my personal journal that’s not so personal because I share it with everyone in the world. This blog is titled “The Bull Stops Here” and focuses on insurance issue that will save you time, money and frustration.

You’ll find regularly posted topics dealing with:
- ways to help you save money on your insurance
- techniques to save you time on managing your insurance
- answers to your questions on coverage issues
- educational resources and workshops that will solve your insurance challenges

My mission is to help you gain more confidence and trust in your business or personal insurance while spending the least amount of money.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Preparation is key to safety

I should know better. Last night when I pulled in at home after a meeting, I noticed my gas tank was on empty. Actually, I had noticed it for awhile - you can't miss the bright orange "LOW FUEL" light glaring at you. I was tired and just wanted to get home figuring I could get gas in the morning.

The thing that dawned on me when I pulled in was this thought - What would happen if there was an emergency in the middle of the night and I needed to drive somewhere like the hospital. In an emergency, there is no time to stop and get gas. As a risk manager, I should know better.

Think about your business. Are there any "LOW FUEL" lights on for you? Being prepared for anything goes a long way in mitigating catastrophes. Whether it's making sure your office, yard, or plant are cleaned up at the end of the day; or ensuring all your commercial vehicles are properly maintained for the morning, may make a difference in the safety of your employees and others that come in contact with your business. Ultimately, it will reduce your risk exposure and your insurance costs!

Dan

No comments: